YMCA reopening May 26
We are excited to begin reopening our facilities on May 26th We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. On May 26th, we will begin reopening in phases, and will gradually get back to our new normal.
YMCA Phase I Changes in Our Facilities:
- All Members will be required to sign a Risk & Waiver of Liability relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19.
- Members must maintain a minimum distance of six feet.
- It is highly recommended that members wear face mask/covering when using the 6th Avenue location. Masks are required at the RVC Wellness Center when walking through common areas and to the next machine but are not required when actually using equipment.
- Members will have their temperature checked daily upon check-in at Member service desk.
- Reduced hours of operation.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Facility use will be for members only during YMCA Phase I. No guest passes sold.
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through the main lobby.
- All staff personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- MFC & WFC will not be open during Phase I.
- No use of saunas or steam rooms. Cannot maintain the minimum safe distance of six feet.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be open for use.
- No Basketball.
- No Gymnastics.
- No Racquetball.
- Group exercise classes will not take place but will continue virtually through YMCA Phase I.
- No onsite programming at this time.
- Rec Plex is closed to all programs until June 1st.
- Swimming Pools will be open – no more than two people per lane.
- Wendel pool Locker rooms will be open but no showers will be available.
- No towel service.
- Coffee will not be available.
- No children under the age of 13 in the YMCA Wellness Center. Only exception will be if they have completed pre-teen weight training class. The swimming pools will be ages 9+.
- Child watch is closed.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.
Follow the link to complete our short survey!