YMCA COVID guidelines
In accordance with the Ohio statewide mask mandate as issued on 7/22/2020, anyone entering/exiting our facilities will be required to wear a mask or facial covering. For those that are actively engaging in exercise, you are permitted to remove or pull down your facial covering. However, when traveling to and from machines or through common areas, you must wear your facial covering.
Upon entering our facilities, a YMCA staff member will take your temperature. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be asked to please leave the building.
Our staff has spaced out equipment, removed lounge furniture, and added floor decals to promote social distancing. We have also developed a thorough sanitizing schedule and limited person-to-person contact by adding directional signage in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All Members will be required to sign a Risk & Waiver of Liability relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19.
- Members must maintain a minimum distance of six feet.
- Reduced hours of operation.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Facility use will be for members only at this time. No guest passes sold.
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through the main lobby.
- All staff personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- MFC & WFC will not be open until locker room restrictions from the Governor are released.
- No use of saunas or steam rooms. Cannot maintain the minimum safe distance of six feet.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be open for use.
- No Basketball.
- No children under the age of 13 in the YMCA Wellness Center. Only exception will be if they have completed pre-teen weight training class. The swimming pools will be ages 9+.
- Child watch is closed.
- Swimming Pools are open – no more than two people per lane.
- Any children under the age of 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older while in the facilities.
Wellness with Cenell
Muscle Activation Technique
What is Muscle Activation Technique?
Muscle Activation Technique (MAT) is a manual tool used to treat the root cause of muscle pain, joint pain, and body stiffness. MAT is beneficial and powerful tool for ALL AGES to improve daily body functions, sports performance, increase energy, and reduce acute or chronic pain.
Cenell is a Licensed Certified Athletic Trainer, a Health Professional, and Health Educator. Currently, she is Founder & President of C&C Wellness, Inc. and non-profit organization which promotes health and wellness by offering wellness programs in the community.
She earned a Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Akron and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the University of Mount Union. Cenell completed doctoral coursework in both Exercise Science and Public Health and then decided to redirect her career and is now completing her Ph.D. in Health Sciences at Rocky Mountain University in Provo, UT.
Advanced Specialized Wellness Services
a. Muscle Activation Technique (MAT)
i. Musculoskeletal Evaluation – $49
ii. 3pk Treatment (30 mins each) – $299
b. Clinical Exercise Treatment (post initial MAT treatment)
i. 6pk treatment (30mins each) – $199
c. Contact Information to Schedule:
i. Cenell Boch – 330.904.5269
Better Together Membership
Bring a friend to join and you’ll BOTH save 20% a month on your membership dues!
Robert K. Fox Family YMCA
Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
River Valley Campus
Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
*We will return to normal hours of operation in accordance to facility usage*