YMCA COVID guidelines
In accordance with the Ohio statewide mask mandate as issued on 7/22/2020, anyone entering/exiting our facilities will be required to wear a mask or facial covering. For those that are actively engaging in exercise, you are permitted to remove or pull down your facial covering. However, when traveling to and from machines or through common areas, you must wear your facial covering.
Upon entering our facilities, a YMCA staff member will take your temperature. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be asked to please leave the building.
Our staff has spaced out equipment, removed lounge furniture, and added floor decals to promote social distancing. We have also developed a thorough sanitizing schedule and limited person-to-person contact by adding directional signage in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All Members will be required to sign a Risk & Waiver of Liability relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19.
- Members must maintain a minimum distance of six feet.
- Reduced hours of operation.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Facility use will be for members only during YMCA Phase I. No guest passes sold.
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through the main lobby.
- All staff personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- MFC & WFC will not be open during Phase I.
- No use of saunas or steam rooms. Cannot maintain the minimum safe distance of six feet.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be open for use.
- No Basketball.
- No children under the age of 13 in the YMCA Wellness Center. Only exception will be if they have completed pre-teen weight training class. The swimming pools will be ages 9+.
- Child watch is closed.
- Swimming Pools are open – no more than two people per lane.
- Any children under the age of 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older while in the facilities.